After the defeat in Zimbabwe Twenty20 Triangular Series Bangladesh cricket team is all set for a 3 match T20 series against Ireland and after that 1 match against Scotland and Netherlands. This will be a great opportunity for the upcoming T20 World Cup.
As a part of the tiger army, you may think that this will be an easy contest for the Bangladeshis, but judging the recent performance of Bangladesh cricket team, I think we should not be over confident. I would also like to mention that Bangladesh Cricket team is not even in the top 15 T20 countries – which is a very sad news for all of us! I hope in this series Bangladesh will play to win and will increase their rankings.
Anyway, here is the fixture for the month of July for Bangladesh:
- Wed Jul 18: 10:00 PM BDT 1st T20I – Ireland v Bangladesh
- Fri Jul 20: 10:00 PM BDT 2nd T20I – Ireland v Bangladesh
- Sat Jul 21: 9:00 PM BDT 3rd T20I – Ireland v Bangladesh
- Tue Jul 24: 8:00 PM BDT Only T20I – Bangladesh v Scotland
- Wed Jul 25: 8:00 PM BDT Only T20I – Netherlands v Bangladesh
Now a something to make you happy! Before leaving for the series against Ireland, Bangladesh Cricket team played a practice match against the Bangladesh-A team and Bangladesh scored 273/4 in just 20 overs. Shakib scored 97 of 41 balls. I hope Bangladesh will play like this is the upcoming matches too.
Best of luck to the Tigers!