The Minimum Requirements of Joining the Army

Posted in: Join Bangladesh Army Jun, 26 2011 | Comments

I hope you have read the 1st and 2nd post of this blog and you are completely ready to join the force. Now let’s talk about the minimum requirements for joining the Bangladesh Army as an military officer.

(These requirements are for the long course officers only. Requirements for the short course officers are different)

Age:

Both male and female candidates must be from 17-21 years.

Minimum Academic Qualification:

1. You have to pass your H.S.C./Equivalent examination.

2. You have to get at least GPA 3 (B)* in both S.S.C. and H.S.C. to apply for this post.

3. You can be from science, commerce or arts/humanities background.

4. You can be from an English medium college, Bangla medium college or Madrasa.

*Note that the army is not looking for double golden A+ students. If you are double golden A+ (great student) it’s obviously good for you and it’s a plus point. But still you might not get the job you don’t meet the other qualities. So, result in the board exams mean very little to the selectors.

Minimum Physical Qualifications:

Male candidates:

Height: 5’4”

Weight: 45.36 Kg

Chest: 30” normal, 32” extended

Female candidates:

Height: 5’1”

Weight: 40.82 Kg

Chest: 28” normal, 30” extended

All candidates must have good eyesight (6/6) (with/without spectacles)*.

Note that, you will be selected for “army” even if you are wearing spectacles of -2.5 power (but not above it). Make sure that you TAKE your glasses with you on the day of your Preliminary Viva and Medical checkup.

Marital Status: You must be unmarried.

You Will Not Get Selected If…

No vital organs must be missing from the body. You can’t have knock knee or flat foot. Your palms and foot must not sweat too much (makes it difficult to climb ropes and fire rifles). You will not be selected if previously you were sacked from a government job. If you appeared in ISSB 2 times and failed, you will not be selected (but if you were rejected once and screened out once, then you can apply for one last time). You will not get selected if you were found guilty (legally) by the judge previously in any case.

I hope this post was helpful to you. Any doubt? Write to me.

Now you are ready to read the next post: Qualities You Must Have.

আর্টিকেলটি ভাল লাগলে লাইক করুন, শেয়ার করুন। কমেন্ট করে আপনার মতামত জানান।

Comments

1. […] you think you want to continue reading then read this post next: The Minimum Requirements. Related posts:Set Your Mind First: Joining Bangladesh ArmyThe Minimum Requirements of Joining the […]

2. Maisha Sadia says:

i need to know about the shourt course cuz after completing my graduation i want to build up my career as a commitioned officer

3. I want to join bangladesh army as a commitioned officer to surv my self,my family,my country and region

4. abdulla al mamun says:

I join in army. I am read in class 11. My ssc 3.63.

5. Rifat Hasan says:

i am an english medium student….. what should i do?
    i am having problems with my results…… I dont know how to present it in the registration form….

6. Rafid Abir says:

sir what is the minimum requirement for a boy passing o level and a level
    under board of london

1. irtiza104 says:

Hi, I am not sure about the GPA requirement for English medium students. But you have to be sure if your nationality is Bangladeshi.

7. […] The Minimum Requirements of Joining the Army […]

8. MUSHFIQ RUMC says:

HELLO,COULD YOU TELL ME THE PREFERENCE OF HEIGHT WITH WEIGH OF BANGLADESH ARMY??

1. irtiza104 says:

Hi,

Actually the minimum height requirement is 5’4″ for male and 5’2″ for female candidates. Anything from this point is acceptable.

About the weight, you should not be overweight. If you are a little underweight it should not matter. Army hates fat people, not thin ones (sorry if i hurt anyone).

Anyway, if you want to know what should be your ideal weight with your age and height, you may try this tool here: http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm

I hope this helps.

9. Sadia says:

If i use the glass which is 4.5-5, den is it possible to join?

1. irtiza104 says:

Bad eyes are a huge issue.

10. Intishar says:

brother my palm sweet quite a bit and i am healty.oterwise i am perfect so will i be able 2 join??????

1. irtiza104 says:

I think you should see a doctor about sweaty palms, if you are serious about the army. Also I would advice you to get in shape.

11. Imtiaz says:

hello brother, I have huge eye power around -6.0, and apart from that everything else is almost perfect. So is there still can way that I can join the BD Army?

1. irtiza104 says:

Bad eyes are a huge issue.

12. […] Height: 5’1” Weight: 40.82 Kg Chest: 28” normal, 30” extended The Minimum Requirements of Joining the Army The avg. height of Bangladeshi females is 4.7-4.8 and army asks for minimum of 5'1''. […]

13. Abrar Tajwar says:

my chest is 40 do i need to change it

1. irtiza104 says:

If you pass the minimum requirements then it should be okay. But also remember that you must not be overweight.

14. […] 'large',} If you meet the minimum requirements to join Bangladesh Army you can apply for 72 BMA Long Course. Now you can apply online by filling […]

15. Anas Ahmed says:

i have flat foot and from my birth my left hand is a little bit curved but normal so this things can cause problem for me if i want to join army?

16. Can i apply Now??i am 21 years old.when the last date of Fill up registation??