So I guess that you have the proper mind set. Now let’s continue.
First of all, if you love a lot of money in your hand, then army is not your dream job. Just like any other government job it pays less “in cash”. But there are thousands of other benefits and privileges which you and your family members can enjoy (much more than any other government job).
1. The honor in serving MY country: I don’t know about you, but whenever I think that a military person has the unique privilege of fighting and dying for its country, my respect for this job increases. The honor of a martyr is immense even in the eyes of the Almighty Allah.
2. Early establishment: Early establishment plays a huge role in choosing this occupation.
Through this profession, one can get the earliest establishment in legal way. Think of it like this, when your friends are just a second year graduate student of some university, you are a first class gadgeted officer. People will come to you to attest their certificates when you are just 20-21!
3. Salary: You will get a basic salary from 6800-23000 tk (excluding all the vatas and bonuses) according to your rank. You will earn 2900 tk each month during your stay at BMA as a cadet. You will not receive any vatas in BMA but you will receive eid bonuses. Moreover you will get a lot of money whenever you will go on a mission.
4. Higher education: All cadets must complete his/her B.Sc. or B.A. degree while they are in BMA. An eligible army officer has the opportunity to get even higher education in BUET, IBA or MIST. You can get a MBA after you join the armed forces. You can also get higher education in abroad (all expenses paid by the army) if you are a deserving candidate.
5. Foreign trip: You can get the chance to visit foreign countries (missions) more than once.
6. Rations: you will get the best rations for free (or for a very very small price).
7. Medical Facilities: you will get the best treatment, when needed, in the CMH or in abroad. Your family members can also enjoy this much needed privilege.
8. Housing: you will be living in a quarter/mess in a beautiful cantonment campus. You can also get a plot/flat in the DOHS for a “little effort”.
9. Man, you will be living your dream, your ambition if you are an army officer. When you will get selected, believe it or not, your parents will cry in joy. Whenever they will introduce you to others, they will feel very proud to be your parents and you will be damn “happy”. And that, my friend, is more than anyone can ever want.
But still if you are not satisfied with the rewards of this noble job, then please, thousands of doors of other occupations are wide open for you. They will pay you a lot more money each month.
If you think you want to continue reading then read this post next: The Minimum Requirements.